The Hougham Village Hall serves the villages of West Hougham and Church Hougham.

The hall was originally known as ‘The Reading Room’ hall and owned by the Kent Coal Fields Syndicate until 27 July 1886, when it passed into private hands.

It was purchased by Arthur Evanson on 30 March 1920 and was subsequently gifted to the villages by Major Arthur Charles Tarver Evanson in remembrance of his son and other brave men of the parish who lost their lives in Word War 1.

The Hall underwent refurbishment in 2019 providing a new kitchen, a modernised bright hall and new toilets. The venue is fully accessible with disabled toilets.

Navigation
Hall Bookings